Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ironman Florida Bike by skaas at Garmin Connect - Details

Ironman Florida Bike by skaas at Garmin Connect - Details

I felt great, but I was soooo far back after the swim. I was riding with slow people. I passed almost 600 people on the ride. My HR was low and I was riding fast. It was hot though. I was constantly pouring water all over my body. I tried to drink a Perform and water in between each aid station. I had a bonk bar at the first 2 aid stations then I didn't have any more the rest of the ride. I had about 5 gels on the ride and 1 gel block. I had to stop 4 times to use the restroom, I lost 8 minutes. I didn't realize that I had autostop on my watch, so I thought I was going to break 6 hours on the ride, but I missed because of the stop time. I had some chaffing issues, but no other real issues. My lungs started to hurt at about mile 80. I really enjoyed this ride, I wish I would have pushed a tad harder the last hour or so, but everyone around was riding so slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment