Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ironman Florida Run by skaas at Garmin Connect - Details

Ironman Florida Run by skaas at Garmin Connect - Details

Well, my legs felt great. I feel like I did a good job of measuring the ride effort so that I could run. Then, I couldn't take a real breath. I don't know what it was, maybe too much caffiene, an allergy, or my body was telling me to stop. I ran the first 3 miles and just pushed throught the breathing problems. I was running under and 11 minute mile. I walked through the aid stations. But I had this thought that I probably should finish the race and not die, I would I if I couldn't breathe. It was so frustrating, my HR was good, legs felt good, I was good to go, just couldn't take a full breath. I like the run course, I was able to break down each section and focus on each 6.5 mile block. After the first time I saw Adam and Ryan, I knew there was no way to catch up to them, and Nathan was moving well too. After the last turn back, with 6 miles to go, I new I had a lot of ground to make up on Nathan and I didn't see him at the turn around. I finally caught up to him with about a mile and a half to go. We decided to walk in together. I didn't walk at all from mile 18 to mile 24.5. In total I walked about 4.7 miles of the Marathon, more than I had hoped, but this was all new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment