Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ironman Florida Swim by skaas at Garmin Connect - Details

Ironman Florida Swim by skaas at Garmin Connect - Details

I waited and let most of the athletes enter the water. I started with Hollie. I didn't have much contact at all, but there was some stopping to let people go by or to move past people. I couldn't see any of the buoys but I was able to follow other people so sighting wasn't an issue. I didn't drink too much water until the end of the first loop, when I had a few waves come over me while I was breathing. I ran throught the turn-around with Hollie and helped her with her goggles. We weren't allowed to run up the beach like I had planned, but that ended up ok, because I don't think we needed to go too far down the beach to swim a good line. The second lap was uneventful, I knew I wasn't swimming fast but I felt good and conserved energy

No comments:

Post a Comment